Saturday, September 24, 2005


Pipe Dreams

Nowhere are the half-truths of advertising more prevalent than in the great game of golf. More carry/pure distance is literally a joke on this $8 course, where nary a ball has ever traveled farther than 200 yards, and the majority end up bounding precariously through the nearby roadway. But it embodies the quintessential American dream - to get something for nothing. So here's to the great golf ball that carries years of lessons, practice, and hard work along on it's happy flight!

3 Comments:

Blogger David and Ari said...

So the real motivation behind this post, other than to rag on consumerism, is that between a newer computer and an external hard drive, I can now process RAW files.
Photoshop is controversial - my wife hates it more than anyone - and I absolutely love it. But were I to tinker around with my camera, I could get the settings absolutely right, and eliminate most of my post-processing ahead of time.
The beauty of RAW is the ability to tinker around with the perfect camera settings ex-post-facto. For this one, warming up the color temperature.
And I'm also excited about using RAW for black and white conversions - canon has built in filters - red, orange, green, etc. that should work a thousand times than my typical desaturation using the elements gradient map.

Have a great weekend, and after my consumer rant, I'm off to go shopping!

24.9.05  
Blogger Massimo said...

I like the warmed-up colors and the low perspective: it looks like an happy ball!

27.9.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting comparisson. The american dream and the golf ball. Any way. I really love the DoF here and the colors are great too.

27.9.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home