Sunday, June 12, 2005


Change - Lanyu

In my photographs I am so often seeking a perfect frame that I miss out on something more simple and significant. Something I do to help combat this tendency is look through Sam Abell's pictures every once in a while and try to imitate his vision. I took this picture in direct imitation of a portrait of his wife.

It captures Arianna perfectly at this point in time - gazing off into the unknown future with one hand on the present - the child growing in side of her. She is constantly aware of the changes inside her body that are still barely visible to the outsider. At this moment she is recognizing Dot's movement inside her for the very first time. The setting is also telling: the rocks depict steadiness of faith that rivals our fears for our child's health, safety, and our uncertainty as parents; the greens symbolize new life.

3 Comments:

Blogger David and Ari said...

Canon EOS 20D
6/5/2005 5:32:56 PM
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )1/640
Av( Aperture Value) 5.6
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation - 0
ISO Speed - 800
Lens 80.0 - 210.0 mm
Focal Length 80.0 mm

Cropped, copied as layer, gaussian blur=10, set to overlay at 25% opacity

12.6.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot! Captured the moment well...

13.6.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I know that I already said congratulations to both of you, but I can't say nothing but What a precious stage are you. :)

14.6.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home