Thursday, May 26, 2005



Least - Taipei

Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:37-38

I'm standing in line, waiting to buy train tickets. She comes up, trying to sell me gum. I don't want any and send her away. But I get guilty, call her back, and buy the gum that I'll never chew. She immediately walks over to a billboard that illuminates her with a halo. I am amazed.


Alms - Taipei

Monk in the surroundings that portray exactly what she has taken a vow to be: a beggar.

2 Comments:

Blogger David and Ari said...

Least - Canon EOS 20D
5/13/2005 5:50:45 PM
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )1/50
Av( Aperture Value )5.6
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1600
Lens 35.0 - 80.0 mm
Focal Length 80.0 mm

Alms - Canon EOS 20D
4/2/2005 4:59:09 PM
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )1/30
Av( Aperture Value )10.0
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1600
Lens 18.0 - 55.0 mm
Focal Length 18.0 mm

Both images converted to grayscale, raised contrast.

These two come from a desire to do something just a little more symbolic and significant with my photography. To have multiple layers in a photo, to utilize an intersting and symbolic light sources, to look through the thousands and see the one person I'm meant to see.

26.5.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an interesting shot. You never know in those situations. I see guys sitting by the road with signs and my first thought is "go get a job!" It's hard to tell when they are truly needy. But is it our place to try and decide that? I think the Holy Spirit gives us a nudge when the situation is like that. Cool when a picture makes you think this hard! :)

27.5.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home